Who we are:
Our website address is: http://www.lotuscortina.net
The Lotus Cortina Register Ltd (the Club) was established in 1979 as a members club for Lotus Cortina car owners and enthusiasts, specifically to maintain an archive record (the Register) of all Lotus Cortina cars manufactured, that remain and are lost, and to provide a service for members supporting their car and car-based activities.
This page sets out how The Lotus Cortina Register uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
The LCR is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29th November 2018.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
Only the personal information/data enough to maintain communication e.g. sending of the Club magazine and emails, and for the purposes of running Clubs activities e.g. members meetings, events and internet-based forums, will be requested, and recorded, by the Club. Such personal information requested and held securely would be limited to:
- Telephone number
- Email address & any other necessary contact information relating to your membership
- Lotus Cortina car(s) details for the Register
- Details of transactions and the fulfillment of orders, and emails regarding your membership
Members have the right to do whatever they want with their personal information held by the Club providing there are no laws or legislation that says otherwise. Members have the right to erasure, i.e. to be forgotten, but this will mean terminating their membership. However, once erased the car details will be retained in the Register anonymously, as this is the Club’s main purpose to exist.
Using our website
Comments on our website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The LCR has the right to publish any documents/photos/videos etc, uploaded to the website or sent to the LCR, as long as it is sent by the owner/author.
The information that you supply via our website contact forms is stored securely and is not shared with any other third party. This information is kept for the club’s records unless you state otherwise.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your data is not shared with or sold to any other third parties.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We retain car details/information indefinitely for the club’s personal use.
Your membership details are held for as long as you remain a member, and will be deleted when and if your membership is terminated.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are a club member, you have the right to erasure upon request, we will ensure that information that we hold on yourself will be removed and deleted.
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Please contact us if you feel that any information is incorrect
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please visit our Contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you wish to contact us with any queries, please visit the Contact page.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.